Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Goodness! My Fergus!

We just came home from the emergency vet's... Fergus had been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy about six months ago... we knew the end was coming. These last few months had been wonderful... we spoiled him even more than we had before and he totally took advantage of it!

Fergus was such a wonderful dog... patient, kind, loving, playful and incredibly noble. Even tonight when he was in great discomfort, he was stoic and seemed he wanted *us* to be ok.

The decision was made at a little after 11pm that he should be put down. His passing was wonderfully peaceful. Dr. Cox was amazing and she let us bring Elvis, Eddie and Tripp so they could say their good-byes.

Fergus will be missed, and tonight, my heart is broken in two.

My Goodness! My Fergus!
August 24, 1999 ~ February 1, 2008

2 comments:

Cait said...

:( I am so sorry to hear that. He was such a sweetheart...I know we will all miss that big sweet slobbery face.

Mom said...

Sweetie, what a wonderful tribute to an amazing dog!. I will miss his fuzzy face jamming under your arm to get at the table! He left us with a lot of wonderful memories.