Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We Are Fam-Ah-Lee...


This past weekend was a great one! My Mother-In-Law Jackie, Chris' brother Thor and his wife Dio and daughter Antigone came to visit to celebrate Jackie's birthday. We had a blast!

Everybody flew in (from San Diego and Annapolis) on Thursday afternoon. We went to dinner at Texas de Brazil (a churrascaria) and ate a fantastic dinner! The food was delicious, the wine wonderful and of course the company, outstanding!

Friday afternoon we went to the Aquarium and it was pretty cool! We also turned everyone on to "Central Market" -- the most amazing supermarket! Jackie, Thor & Dio are official addicts! We bought waaaay too much food and enjoyed a great bbq/cookout that night!

Saturday was a lazy but enjoyable day! We eventually worked up the strength to visit the Dallas Zoo. It was rather disappointing, I'm sorry to say. What few animals were there did give us their best, though!

Saturday night was the blow-out dinner to celebrate Mom's birthday at Aurora. Freaking amazing/awesome/stupendous/insert-a-fabulous-adjective-here! The restaurant was intimate and beautiful; the staff attentive; the food to-die-for. I'm drooling and shorting-out my keyboard reliving those memories! If you are ever in Dallas, I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Unfortunately, everyone had to go home on Sunday. It truly was a great weekend with lots of laughing and enjoying each other's company!

Hopefully it won't be another year until we can all get together again!

2 comments:

Cait said...

Um, is that THOR in that picture, or like, Chris' real brother I never knew about?? Hair cut? TURTLENECK??? I am totally confused.

Well, regardless, sounds like you guys had fun. I'm jealous. We should all get together soon, and then I can meet this mysterious new addition to our family!

Antigone Brickman said...

Aww, I's so cute! And dad is too, he looks "trez cutee".