Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's Official: I'm A Redneck!

YEE HAW!!!!!

A little 'splainin' first: We're having a big Super Bowl XLII bash and we thought it'd be great to do a crawfish boil > sweet! We've ordered EIGHTY pounds of the crawdads for the fest, so I thought it'd be best to boil them outside on one of those outdoor patio stoves in my big-ass 60qt and 40qt stock pots!

I gather the only time people boil crawfish, lobster and crabs or deep fry a turkey is when they are absolutely plastered. My reason?

Here is a direct quote form the "Warning" section of the insert (there are 15 warnings and this is first):

WARNING! Read and understand before using this product.
1. Sober adult operation ONLY!

Sober? SOBER??? I have *never* read that before! I've checked manuals for my iTouch, the cable receiver, my printer, the microwave, the dishwasher and even Chris' new grill. Not ONE of the manuals mention that you have to be sober to use them! Obviously, these are your more drinker-friendly products... seriously though, do you think a chainsaw - which is way more dangerous - comes with that warning?

I just find it amazing they have to actually print that!

I could just see it: "Yee Haw! Me 'n da missus 'n our littl'uns are havin' us a deeep-friiied turkey... yep, I got me a turkey, enough boilin' oil to kill a a whole herd of dem Huns and I've drank me some ten beers! And I got me some more chillin' next to the stove... yessirree! Oops, pay me know mind! Ethel! Ethel! Bring me dat damn turkey!"

No comments: